Wednesday 22 February 2012

Peer Evaluation & Feedback

    In order:
  • Activity 1: Music King Magazine, PM Magazine, Muse Magazine, The Beat Magazine, PopHeart self evaluation
  • Activity 2: Garage, Indigo, 
  • Activity 3: Pop Heart peer evaluation feedback






Evaluation feedback from peers for my magazine:

Becky's evaluation of PopHeart:
Jack's evaluation of PopHeart:

Peer feedback evaluation and summary
From the evaluation of my peers it is evident that my shooting material must be appropriate to the genre and focus specifically on the target audience of my magazine. I have decided to resolve this issue I will carry out a new model and photoshoot to adapt it to appease my target audience. I will do this by using a genuine American flag so that my american theme is fully implemented and that the new model will also suit my artist profile by being young and stylish.
Another issue which was raised was that I have not used a lot of variety of typography and font sizes. I could correct this by adding one more style font or lettering which is completely different to the serif font which I used reoccuringly on the cover. I think the problem is I used the same font but adapted the kerning and text width so it would give the illusion of different styles. Therefore I would need to change this so my magazine could also fit the conventions of other magazines such as Billboard who use two or three different style fonts but can then elaborate on them by using techniques like I have done such as adapting the kerning. I also need to add more text to my Contents page as it has been raised that it is too spacious and therefore might put off my target audience as there is not a sufficient contents to the magazine prize on the cover. To improve my Contents also I will also change the fonts to fit further around the full length image to fill the page layout more and reduce the negative space. Personally, I think that the manipulation of my photographs can also be improved if instead of using the lassoo tool to erase it through a reverse gradient system so that even the lines of hairs on my artist will be visible and look more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment