Monday 30 January 2012

Digital Mock-up: Pop Heart Cover, Contents and Spread layout

COVER 


CONTENTS


DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD


COVER, CONTENTS AND DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD ANALYSIS:
I think this impression of my desired cover look to my magazine will appeal to my target audience of young adults between the ages of 16-24 as the interesting image of the cover will make them curious about my new music magazine. I used my three colour palettes of red blue and white to use as a house-style onto my contents page and double page spread. This consistant theme will give my magazine a balanced style to it and will also make this issue more recognisable on the market since the colours are all bold and compliment each other well. I chose for the central cover line that the 'X' in 'Sophia Fox' will be a descender to the other text as it is more feminine and connotates the signing of a kiss. I may have to adapt one of the three in the colour palette on my coverlines because the outcome of my image may have a different tone to it which I think will then match another colour such as red. This colour scheme will appeal to my primary audience of females as well as lesser male majority readers too because of the blue and red which can be considered unisex.

I chose the text within my contents to build around the image in the central third as it gives it a more stylish look and shows to my audience that my cover artist, Sophia Fox, is the unique selling point of this issue. I chose to have a heart implimented at the side of my masthead 'CONTENTS' to convey a cute feel to the magazine and will also appeal to my primary audience of females.

I used an italic font in lower case above my central title 'SOPHIA FOX' on the double page spread to set the context of the magazine. My columns will be initiated on both pages on the bottom half alongside one image of my cover artist to give balance and it will also be more simplistic. Also I will have my text black on the white background which makes it more appealing when reading and so my audience will not have any difficulty reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment