Wednesday 18 January 2012

Audience: Research

Decisions made & evaluation
From my analysis of Q's magazines ideology and approach to audience appeal I have decided that I should create a music magazine that has a majority of a female to male audience. I think that this would be a profitable idea as no current magazine has that direct appeal or only reaches an even female to male ratio. Q magazine successfully creates a subtle male accustomed style and content, but does not excluse entirely their lesser female ratio. In comparison to this, I would prefer to take the opposite approach. Therefore I could feature content that has a primary appeal to women but still has mutual content that would interest the lesser majority of men. This could be achieved by using a unisex colour such as red, purple, white or orange to name a few within the cover. But still feature feminine orientated colours such as pinks, lavendars or pastels. These could still be complimented against bold colours such as black to maintain its universal appeal.

The style of my magazine would take inspiration from Billboard which attracts consumers of a mixture of female and males. The main image of my magazine would feature music artists, with a majority of icons that the audience can relate to and take inspiration from. Although my magazine could feature some males on the cover who have a sexual appeal to my audience who would be interviewed and discuss topics such as their music but also women which would entice my audience. My magazine would take a care in the vanity of its image but recreate and display the importance of independence of women and to go against the conformity that women are still faced today in society. Its lesser male majority would take interest in the musical contents of the magazine, such as reviews, releases, interviews as they would not be restricted to all-women content. The style of music would be based mainly on pop and music featured in mainstream charts as this has a mass audience appeal. Overall, my magazine will appeal to a mass audience but mainly directed at women.

No comments:

Post a Comment