Monday 30 January 2012

Mock-up Photos: Magazine Cover, Contents, Article images









IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE:
1. High angled mid-shot
I like this image as it makes the person appear more innocent which would add more meaning to the picture. The high angle gives it a sense of depth and character which I really like. However I don't know if it will fit in with the sexy persona I will try to portray in my pictures rather than portraying my artist as an innocent character.
2. Wide-shot
This shot is one of my favourites as it gives the viewer a perspective and ratio to the image therefore adding more realism to the shot. This will also enable me to show the mise-en-scene of my cover artist and convey a confident character through her style of clothing. This will also be able to allow my audience to see the theme of the shoot more clearly.
3. Assymetrical mid-shot
This style of image makes the person in the shot look more rebellious as the assymetrical layout of the focus point suggests an inbalance in the situation. Therefore I don't think this would be appropriate for my magazine as my cover artist will not be rebellious but more conforming to stereotypical shots which were done during the 50s (which I want to convey).
4. Long-shot
I like this shot as it enables the person to be head to toe in the image so the mise-en-scene is fully shown. The portrait style allows the person to appear more stronger and confident in the image. It would also work in my contents page were I wish to have a long-shot ideally to show the entire clothing of my cover artist as well as demonstrate her sexy style.
5. High angled mid-shot with pose
This shot is slightly more high angled than other shots as it shows a proportion of the person knees. The centralisation that the person is aligned to gives the image a balanced look so the audience will not feel that it looks unsatisfying to the eye's first glance (hopefully drawing their attention to the article). I wish to have a shot like this on my double page spread to show my cover artist's personality through her choice of pose which will be more clearer if up close in a mid-shot.
6. Mid shot with close up
I like the landscape take of this mid-shot as it gives the image a more realistic look and a sense of situation. This mid-shot also allows the expression on the person's face to be more distinguishable which I could use to my advantage by allowing my cover artist to express her emotion through the image as well as the interview on the double page spread.
7. Landscape mid-shot
This is similar to the previous but I have made sure that the camera when taken is vertical with the wall. This is so it appears the audience are looking straight onto my cover artist and will be able to relate to them more. I think a shot like this would be more appropriate for largest image on the double page spread.
8.Mid-shot extreme close-up
The extreme close-up of this image make sure that the audience will focus on the artist's facial expressions. To improve this I think I would make sure that the camera is more vertical so that the shoulders are aligned with the head of the person, whereas this shot the shoulders are less visible due to a slight angle on the camera. I think I would use a shot similar to this on my double page spread as it will make my music magazine stand out against others and immediately draw the consumer into buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment